Tool Manager: Brian Bowman
Location: Duffield 220
- Imaging in air, fluid, or controlled atmosphere: contact mode and intermittent contact (also called AC or tapping) mode.
- High-resolution scanner (10 µm scan range) for molecular scale imaging
- 100 µm scanner with closed loop z positioning for accurate height and force measurements over large scan ranges
- Low-coherence lasers on both scanners to minimize imaging artifacts from reflections
- Programmable controller for customized imaging
- Top-down optical viewing of the sample with a video microscope
- Environmental chamber for humidity and atmospheric control
- Sample heating to 40 C and cooling to –30 C
- Heating/cooling for samples in fluid-containing Petri dishes with 37 mm diameters
- Potentionstat/galvanostat for electrochemical and electrophysiological measurements
- PicoTREC controller for single molecule recognition using functionalized probes
Instrument protocols in the "downloads" menu to the right.
Gwyddion is a free program that can assist with visualization and analysis of AFM data.
Bruker is a useful source for specialized AFM probes and tips